Professor Dietmar J. Daichendt, M.D.,Ph.D., M.D.O. (DGCO)
born in 1967, resident of Munich
- General Practitioner (Austrian Medical Association)
- Naturopathy (Bavarian State Medical Association)
- Manual medicine (Austrian Medical Association)
- Chirotherapy (Bavarian State Medical Association)
- Acupuncture (Bavarian State Medical Association, Austrian Medical Association)
- Nutritional medicine (Austrian Medical Association)
- Special pain therapy (Austrian Medical Association)
- Ambulance (Austrian Medical Association)
- M.D.O. – Medical Doctor of Osteopathy
DGCO, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirotherapie und Osteopathie e.V. (German Society for Chirotherapy and Osteopathy)
- Lecturer of manual medicine (chirotherapy/osteopathy) and complementary medicine at the School of Health and Sports – Berlin
- Lecturer of general medicine, University of Munich (LMU)
- President of the German Society for Chirotherapy and Osteopathy
- From May 1988 to Mar 1994, I studied Dentistry at the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, and subsequently, Human Medicine at theLudwig Maximilian University Munich from May 1994 to Dec 1999.
- Following training in orthopaedics and neurology, I established my private medical clinic in Alt-Bogenhausen in Jan 02. Parallel to my work, I completed my education as a general practitioner by positions in internal medicine, general medicine and surgery. At the same time, I obtained further qualifications by comprehensive education.
- In 2003 I graduated and obtained my MD degree magna cum laude.
- In 2004 I was approved as ‘practitioner’ by the Bavarian State Medical Association and in 2006 as ‘general practitioner’ by the Austrian Medical Association in 2006.
- 2004 my clinic was officially approved as a ‘Teaching clinic for General Medicine’ by the Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich where I was appointed as Llecturer. I am still Lecturer of general medicine in LMU Munich till today.
- In 2005 I was elected as Presidentcy of the ‘Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirotherapie e.V.’ (German Society for Chirotherapy, DGCO) after having successfully established the Osteopathy department.
- By 2006, I was Chairman of Germany’s largest Medical society for manual medicine, I was responsible for including osteopathy in the DGCh statute and for renaming the DGCh to become the ‘Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirotherapie und Osteopathie e.V.’
Also in 2006 I founded a subsidiary clinic in Sankt Gilgen at Lake Wolfgang, federal state of Salzburg, Austria.
- In 2007, my medical education in osteopathy to become ‘M.D.O. – Medical Doctor of Osteopathy – DGCO’ – was recognised by the Osteopathic International Alliance, the advisory board of the World Health Organisation.
- Also in 2007, I assumed the medical leadership of the ‘Quisisana-Med Zentrum für Sport und Ernährungsmedizin’ (Quisisana-Med Centre for Sports and Nutrition Medicine), Prinzregentenstraße 54, Munich.
- In June 2009, I founded the ‘Praxisklinik an der Isar’. The “Practice Clinic on the Isar” was approved by the Ludwig Maximilian University as ‘Academic teaching clinic of the University of Munich (LMU)’.
- Also in 2009 I was responsible for the merger of the German Society for Manual Therapy with the German Society for Chirotherapy and Osteopathy.
- In 2010 I merged the “Quisisana-Med Centre for Sports and Nutrition Medicine” with the “Practice Clinic at the Isar”, Widenmayerstraße 17, Munich.
- Also in 2010, I was appointed Lecturer of Complementary Medicine of the University for Health and Sports, Berlin.
- In 2011 I was appointed Professor of Manual Medicine (Chirotherapy/Osteopathy) in School for Health and Sports in Berlin, this is the first German professorship in Manual Medicine (chirotherapy/osteopathy).
- Since 2005 I am actively engaged in educating and examining specialists in Manual Medicine and Osteopathy.